MedTech Leadership™ is a Minnesota based management consulting firm focused on creating innovative solutions for business growth. Primary services include business development, strategic and business planning and execution, innovation and success, commercialization planning and execution.
MedTech Leadership™ founder & President; Brian Rembish has over 25 years of medtech industry experience and has spent his entire career working to grow businesses first as an innovator/scientist and eventually as a global business leader. Innovation, collaboration, business development, and leadership, are his hallmarks. As a project manager for 3M Medical Imaging he led one of the largest and most successful new product development and commercialization efforts in 3M history. In that project he successfully managed technology investments in excess of $60 million. His team innovations and his leadership resulted in business growth of nearly $1 billion in annual sales.
He founded MedTech Leadership™ in 2004 and has worked with a large variety of clients ranging from medtech startups to Fortune 500 companies, and including class I, II, and III medical device companies. He has also worked with medtech industry suppliers, Universities, and community economic development groups to develop opportunities for growth in the medtech industry.
A public portion of the consulting work accomplished:
- He helped St. Cloud State University (SCSU) start three Masterís degree programs for the Medical Device industry:
- Masters of Science in Regulatory Affairs and Services, www.msras.com
- Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Research, www.msacr.com
- Masters of Science in Medical Technology Quality, www.msmtq.com
- See article on page 27: http://www.mnscu.edu/media/publications/pdf/mnstate_magazine_fall2010.pdf
- These three Masterís programs are taught at the SCSU Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove, MN
- As a consultant he led the development of these three programs in collaboration with leadership from the Medical Device industry and SCSU staff. The collaboration in the curriculum development for these programs and the value of these programs for the Medical Device industry was phenomenal!
- As an approved Commercialization Plan Consultant for the State of MN DEED, he helped several startup companies apply for Federal Phase II SPIR grants.
- He assisted Twin Star Medical in their SBIR grant application for their traumatic brain injury catheter by writing the commercialization/business plan. Twin Star was awarded a $3 million grant based on this application.
- Assisted a number of supplier companies either entering the Medical Device industry or expanding their business.
- Was co-chair of an all-day LifeScience Alley workshop at the IEEE - Engineering in Medicine and Biologics Society International Conference held in Minneapolis: Link to pdf
- Co-chaired an all-day symposium on Medical Technology Commercialization, co-hosted by LifeScience Alley and the University of Minnesota. See related articles: Link to Article #1, Link to article #2
- He was an adjunct instructor for the University of St. Thomasí Mini Master of Medical Technology Management program for 9 years.
- Is an Industry Advisory Board member for St. Cloud State Universityís medical technology programs: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/ras/advisoryboard.asp
- Is a MENSA member.
Some Case Study Examples & Articles:
MedTech Leadership Inc. is a member of Medical Alley: https://www.medicalalley.org
© 8/2016 MedTech Leadership Inc.